Like computers, Printer and Printers have become important office equipment. Some of the various brands available in the market include HP, IBM, Samsung, Panasonic, Xante, Lexmark, Xerox Printer and Printers and others. But how to decide which one is best for your needs? Here is some information on the different types of printers available on the market. This information about them will help you decide which one would be better for you.
– Ink-jet / Bubble-jet Printers: These printers spray ionized tiny drops of ink onto a page to create an image. They can produce high quality print and mostly offer a standard color option in varying degrees of resolution. A standard unit has a resolution of 300 dots per inch. The colored Ink Jet Printers can also be used for regular black and white printing.
– Laser Printers: These are printers capable of producing high quality text and graphics on plain paper. They print faster than other printers and their supply cartridge lasts longer. The fastest color Laser Printer can print over 6,000 pages per hour. These printers are mostly used for mass mailing of personalized documents like credit cards, utility bills etc. These colored printers can also be used as regular black and white Laser Printers.
– Impact / Dot-matrix Printers: These printers work with the help of a print head that moves to and from on the page and prints by impact of striking an ink soaked cloth ribbon on the paper. It is very much similar to the functioning of a typewriter. The speed of a dot-matrix printer ranges between 50 to 500 characters per second. These units are generally used for printing invoices, purchase orders and other multi-part forms.
– Dye Sublimation Printers: These are professional devices that are used in graphic arts and photographic applications. This printing process uses heat to transfer dye to the printer paper or any other medium like plastic card, poster paper, etc. It requires expensive paper for printing as the dyes are designed to diffuse into the paper surface to create accurate color shades.
– Plotters: These are large scale units used for technical purposes like engineering drawings and architectural blueprints. They are very accurate and reproduce exact line drawings.
Some other types of Printer and Printers include Label Printers for printing labels, printers for banking, network printers, 3-D printers etc. However, for home use, Inkjet Printers are the best.
The Inkjet Printers from Xerox Printer and Printers, for instance, is a great unit for home use. It delivers photo-quality printing without requiring any special photo cartridge. It features four separate ink tanks that guarantee that all ink is used to the full.
To find out more about this high quality, economical printer model, browse through the Superwarehouse store. The store has some other Xerox Printer and Printers to choose from as well. Select one that best suits your needs.