Accessories for Printer and Printers are required in almost every place. A Printer is basically an output hardware device that prints texts or image tasks assigned to it from a computer. These days’ operating systems offer many options for customizing a printer. You can also use advanced features like Printer Sharing that allows you to use a single printer over the network, i.e. from a number of computers. Many offices use the Sharing of Printers to make operation more economic.
If you’re thinking about sharing a HP Computer Printer in windows XP professional workgroup network, this article will be very helpful to you! Following are the steps you can use for Printer Sharing:
The whole process can be divided into two basic steps:
Step 1: Sharing the HP Computer Printer
– First open the Control Panel and open the Printers and Faxes by double-clicking on the corresponding icon in Control Panel. Alternatively, you can click on Printers and Faxes on the Start Menu.
– In the Printers and Faxes windows that has appeared, right click on the printer you want to share and click on Sharing. But make sure that you have enabled the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on network card’s properties.
– In the window that appears, click the Sharing tab and select the Radio-Button named ‘Share This Printer’. Assign a share name to the computer, say HP Printer and Printers; this is the name with which your printer will be known on the network. Click OK.
Step 2: Connecting the Shared HP Printer
– Now start the computer where you want to use the shared printer, HP Printer and Printers. Open the Printers and Faxes window in the same way as you did in Step-1.
– Now click on file on the menu bar and select Add Printer. The Add Printer Wizard will open.
– Clicking Next on this Add Printer Wizard will take you to the next page, where you have to select whether you wish to install a Local Or Network Printer. Select ‘A Network Printer, or A Printer Attached To Another Computer’ and click Next.
– On the Specify A Printer page, select the option Browse For A Printer and then click Next.
– On the Browse for Printer page that appears, reach your shared printer named HP Printer and Printers and select it. For this you may have to expand the groups by clicking the Plus sign ‘+’ next to them.
– Click Next after selecting the shared printer. A dialog box will appear asking whether you are sure to install the driver for the printer. Click Yes and then Finish.
You can visit the Printer and Printers Accessories section at Superwarehouse.com to know more about the available printers. These days, printers come in many varieties and models. The store offers printers at very competitive prices. You can also find many easy-to-use USB compatible HP Printer and Printers from this online store.